I used to be the kind of person who would see an amazing photo of food on Pinterest and rush to the kitchen to try it out. Not knowing what should be in a certain recipe ended in me making some pretty nasty tasting stuff. One of my biggest fails was a banana bread that didn’t contain any sugar. Of course, I didn’t know that would leave me with some not so sweet bread. I remember calling my mom to complain about it and when she looked over the recipe pointing out that it was missing a pretty important ingredient. Well folks this one is Ellie Approved the BEST tasting Banana Bread I have ever had!
2-3 ripe bananas smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
A pinch of salt
1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, grease your bread pan.
- Mash the bananas. I usually use 2 because I let my bananas get pretty brown before actually having the time to make banana bread. I would recommend using more bananas if yours are less ripe because the more ripe they are the more flavor they add to the bread. Today I used 3 because I had 3. It’s no real science.
- Add the butter. It should look pretty similar to tapioca pudding.
- Add sugar, beaten egg, vanilla and mix.
- Add baking soda and salt mix again.
- Finally add flour stir and voila done- easy as bread! I added chocolate chips to mine, but that is up to personal preference. Transfer liquid to pan and bake for one hour. Check it with a toothpick around 50 mins to be safe. The toothpick should come out clean, just like with brownies.
Hope you enjoy!